CERF2021: Trend analysis - Kelly Darnell

Discussion from the Exploring Emerging Technologies Through the SAV Community of Practice Workshop.

Kelly’s talk is now available here: Trend Analysis-Darnell.pdf - Google Drive

1 Like

Some of the eelgrass mapping data that I am collecting come from interpolation methods such as IDW and Ordinary Kriging. How should uncertainty and measurement errors associated from the different interpolation methods be incorporated? Also, What eelgrass thresholds should be used to identify eelgrass presence/absence or percent cover classes from the interpolation?

• Javier Guijarro Sabaniel
1 Like

What is the difference between Lacunarity and fragmentation?

• Javier Guijarro Sabaniel

Lacunarity is an analysis across scale, whereas fragmentation is a calculated over one scale
Handley et al is at the top of the list - References

• Kelly Darnell

Are there any ecological advantages to seagrass habitat with high lacunarity? Or is patchiness generally considered to have lower functioning?

• Rachel Pausch

There are a lot of ecological implications of fragmentation, for the seagrasses themselves as well as the animals. It impacts predation, competition, plant growth, nutrient uptake, and a lot of other things

• Kelly Barnell

@dwilcox @kellydarnell Have you used Empirical Bayesian Kriging (EBK) tool available in ArcPro?

@Suzanne_Shull I have not, but check out this study that has - High variability of Blue Carbon storage in seagrass meadows at the estuary scale | Scientific Reports

1 Like

Hi @Suzanne_Shull,

I haven’t, but I’ll definitely take a look. I’ve just started making the transition to ArcPro. Thanks for the ref @kellydarnell!

Kelly Darnell’s talk on Trend Analysis is availble here: Trend Analysis-Darnell.pdf - Google Drive